|Single-Entry with 3-month Validity|
|Double-Entry with 6-month Validity|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity|
|Chinese Passport Renewal|
- Documents Required for Application
1. One completed Application Form with a recent taken passport photo stuck on it (all the items on the application form should be completed neatly with genuine information; false or incomplete information and illegible characters may lead to refusal.)
2. Photocopy of passport valid for more than 6 months with at least 2 blank pages
Specific Requirements for Each Category:
Business Visa (F/M)
1. Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation from Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as Invitation Letter from a partner in China
2. Introduction Letter from applicant’s company, including his/her identity, the purpose of visit, and supposed duration of stay
3. The original and one photocopy of applicant’s certificate of incorporation (The original will be returned at the interviews)
4. Recent bank statement having an account with at least 6 months’ deposit records (only necessary for first time application)
Student Visa (X1/X2)
1. Original and photocopy of Admission Letter, JW202/JW201 Form and degree certificate
2. Photocopy of academic records
3. Original and photocopy of certificate of degree
4. Guarantee’s bank statement with at least 6 months’ deposit records (for X1 and X2)
Work Visa (Z)
1. Alien Employment Permit/ Foreign Experts Certificate/ Registration Certificate of Foreign Enterprises Permanent Office in China
2. Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Unit or Confirmation Letter of Invitation
Besides above, applicants still need to provide any other documents the Chinese Embassy requires.
Procedure of Application
Stage One: Appointment
The applicant (or someone on behalf) may come to the Embassy every Tuesday, Thursday (15:00 -17:00) with complete application documents required, for appointment of interview.
Stage Two: Interview
The applicant himself or herself, except the holders of diplomatic or official passports, should come to the embassy for interview, in line with the appointment. He or she who fails the interview will be turned down; Submission of fake documents may result in restriction in entry in the future. However, to pass the interview does not necessarily mean that the applicant could finally get it.
Stage three: Collection
The applicant (or someone on behalf) may come to the embassy with the pick-up form to check the final result, on the pick-up date specified in the form (usually in 1 or 2 weeks after the interview). He or she who is granted one should pay the fee with ATM card or debit card in the consular hall, and then pick up his or her passport. He or she who is not granted visa would get back the passport directly without paying any fee.
- Expedited Service Fee per Person
The regular processing time is 10 working days. For urgent cases, the expedited service is available. Moreover, additional fees will be paid.
|3 or 4 working days processing|
|1 or 2 working days processing|